Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Sunday Stumble

Who doesn't love some good alliteration? I'm thinking about making this a permanent fixture on my blog, just highlighting something new and exciting that I've randomly stumbled upon (not like the discovery engine) during the week that I just had to share with you! 

This week I discovered the mystical world of Tim Walker, a fashion photographer who plays with fairy tales and his wild imagination to bring fashion photography to a whole new level. I think his work can speak for itself...










Kind of eerie and fantastic, right??

Uhh, you're just discovering Tim Walker?? I'm sure many of you are thinking. Well, yes. Yes I am, and that's way I call myself the naive aesthete. I have to say, just getting into the fashion world now, and getting to dig through the treasure box that it is, has been an exhilerating journey so far. Everyday I get to discover something new, like this! 

Tim Walker does a lot of editorial work for British Vogue, and ad campaigns such as Juicy Couture and Dior. His work is easily recognizable, due to its extravagance and Alice in Wonderland-esque charms. He's been a freelance photographer for 15 years now, and rumor has it he is now working on a film! Very exciting. Monday promises a new fashion house highlight, who will it be??

Ciao for now xx


3 comments:

  1. My compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my photoblog "photosphera".

    CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

    Greetings from Italy

    Marlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back, dear! thank you! xx Joice

    ReplyDelete
  3. my fave photo in your line-up? the little mermaid of course!

    ReplyDelete