Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Call to Arm(ani)s: When Collegiate becomes Crisis

I figure if I go into this not trying to be something I'm not, people may respect that and actually become interested. Or I could get laughed off the internet, because who wants to listen to a girl who is semi-knowledgeable about fashion attempt to educate herself? Well, there, I admitted it, I am not a fashionista, not a sartorialist, not even that girl that you look twice at as you're walking down the street, because 'where did she buy that skirt?!' Nope, just an English literature major, about to graduate, and secretly kind of obsessed with the inner workings of the fashion world, clothing and all these beautifully dressed people that pop up on blog after blog. 

Now, perhaps I am not giving myself due credit here, I am somewhat learned regarding the major fashion houses, i.e Chloe, Ralph Lauren, Prada, Project Runway...oh wait...and I do follow certain well known blogs, but I'm just not at THE level, ya know? Anywho, my point is, I hereby declare one of my interests to be a PASSION! If you haven't been sewing couture garments since you were 8, or following fashion week since your photoreceptors fully formed, then this blog is for you! 

Each week I will be profiling a designer from the point of view of someone who has never been sartorialized. It'll be like learning vocab words for SATs! Only beautiful and interesting and not at all like studying (blech). I'll be keeping you up to date with the upcoming trends, and even capturing some street style related to the designers and trends of the weeks with my very modest Nikon D40 (another pseudo-passion). So, my dear friends, here begins my commitment to something overwhelming and notoriously difficult to break into. Here we go!


A real life woman who inspires me with her style:  
My mother of course!




Cool pants right? 
Well, I think I'll kick off the blog with a Chloé profile in the works and of course some related, inspiring Montreal street fashion! Time to put on my big girl pants and meet some stylin' strangers. Ciao for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment