Monday, December 12, 2011

Deck the Halls with Boughs of Pink!!

I think at least those of us living in the north can agree that winter is a bleak time with a palette that basically ranges from black to grey. It's hard not to feel a little brought down by all of the dark shades of winter, coupled with the freezing (literally) weather and the grey pall that covers the sky. Recently on blogs, however, I've seen much welcome pops of colors amidst the sea of monotone, which I really hope to see translating onto the streets soon. The primary culprit of these surprising breaks in a basic all black winter outfit? PINK! I'm not a super girly girl, but I have my moments, and I can appreciate pink in moderation for sure.

I even put a few pink items on my finalized Christmas list (which my mom finally got me to cut down and specify). Honestly though, am I the only one who finds the holiday season a little...stressful? This year I've vowed to get all of my shopping done online to really minimize the stress, and I advise, if possible, that you all do the same--anything to minimize that holiday stress...Anyway, here are some really chic examples of how you can incorporate splashes of pink into your holiday wardrobe! 

Zara Purl Knit Sweater
Markey HQ Anywhere Ankle Boot
Cambridge Satchel Company Neon Bag (pink)
Hot Pink Socks
My Very Own Lancôme "S.O.S Pink"
Fun Tacky Stuff!

See? Whether it's your makeup, your accessories or your clothes, pink really just works in the winter (plus your serotonin will thank you)! So go out there and get your girl on! And as they say here in Montreal (even on the bus monitors), joyeuses fêtes! 

Ciao for now xx

P.S. For you fellow fashion bloggers out there, I came across this really interesting TED talk from a very successful "ego blogger" that you guys should find pretty interesting. I found it really useful and inspirational!



*Photos from Lookbook.nu and Zara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment